Thursday, May 21, 2015

Task #47: See Wicked on Broadway (Rachael and Kim)

47.  See Wicked on Broadway

I have been hearing great things about the show Wicked since my one of the songs was sung at my eighth grade graduation dinner.  When I heard that the Norwalk High Music Department was taking a trip, I knew I had to be part of it.

We saw the show May 20 at the Gershwin Theatre, and it was incredible.  A Norwalk High alumnus, Robin DeJesus, was in the show.  We also got to meet him outside after the show and talk to him, which was a surreal experience for our choir teacher.

I highly recommend everyone go see this show.  It was funny, clever, and had great music that I can't get out of my head.  All of the connections with The Wizard of Oz were so intricately woven.

This was definitely one of my favorite field trips.  We got to the city early and had some time to walk around the block with our friends; then, we saw an amazing show.



No comments:

Post a Comment