Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Task #44: Go Ziplining and Climbing (Kim)

43.  Go Ziplining and Climbing

When I first heard about the Adventure Park in Bridgeport, I knew I had to go.  The Adventure Park is an obstacle course in the trees that features zip lining and climbing.  It has different levels organized by color - the hardest being Double Black Diamond.  Each level is higher than the previous one.

When we first arrived, we were given gloves and helped into harnesses.  Then, we were taught how to use the "clips" on our harness.  We had to practice and start on one of the lower level obstacle courses before venturing higher.  The courses did get to be difficult as we got higher, but a lot of it was all about mindset.  I knew if I fell I was attached to a harness and wouldn't get hurt, but every time I stepped on something that shook or moved a certain way, I would flinch dramatically.  It was hard not to feel like I was about to fall, even though I rationally knew I would be fine.

I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked because it is too high up for someone on the ground to take pictures as we progressed to higher levels, but I have included some pictures from online that show more of what the Adventure Park at Discovery Museum is like:







Photos From Online:


Image result for adventure park bridgeport

Image result for adventure park bridgeport

No comments:

Post a Comment