Sunday, May 24, 2015

Task #51: Make a Difference (Rachael)

51. Make a difference

I have been Volunteering with the organization Circle of Friends for about 6 years now. Circle of Friends is essentially a program that is meant to foster friendships and develop life skills for teens with special needs. What made this year particularly different for me was the fact that I started to visit my friend Lauren at home. Once a month I would drive to Trumbull and just hang out with Lauren. We paint nails, play bored games, bake brownies and talk! This experience in particular has effected the way I see the world and other people in the sense that I've learned not everyone is what you first see on the outside. Overall I wouldn't change this experience for anything because as much as I know I had an impact on Lauren she had the bigger impact on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment