Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Task #2 Completed: Write A Letter to Your Future Self (Kim)

2.  Write a letter to your future self 


Okay, I'll admit it.  Writing a letter to my future self was a little weird.  But in about five months from now, I think I'll be glad I did it.  If I'm not moved by what I've written to myself, at least I'll be amused.

When Rachael and I first came up with this task, we thought it would be interesting to write a letter to ourselves in September and open it on graduation day.  For Project Explore, that is not realistic because I would not be able to open it prior to the presentation.  Instead, I wrote a letter to myself to open just before my presentation.  I think that will be a nerve-wracking day, and I'll need some of my own sage advice.  Maybe sage is too strong a word....oh, well.  Here are a few excerpts from my letter.



Before addressing the Project Explore presentation, I wrote a few things I hoped to have accomplished.  Among these were my desire to learn how to whistle and keep a clean room.  I also hoped I was happy with the results of my early action college applications.
I did eventually get to the real point of my letter: advising myself about the presentation.  Although Project 52 may be entirely different from what it started out as, I feel confident it can turn out to be something great.  Our Project Explore has been one of those "all over the place" kind of ideas, and I think the presentation can tie it together with a central theme.



This letter now has a specific spot on my desk for the next five months.  I will certainly laugh at myself and criticize myself.  But above all, I hope I will be able to take my own advice.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment