Friday, November 28, 2014

Task #8 Completed: Do It Yourself Dunkaccino (Kim)

8.  What's known as a "DIY" project: Do something yourself that you typically buy.

My favorite drink from Dunkin' Donuts is a Dunkaccino, a mix of hot chocolate and coffee.  It's just around $2, but that can add up quickly.

I stole a few suggestions from this recipe: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1730041  but I changed it a little.

I used:

1/2 a packet of Nestle Cocoa Powder
4 oz. Folgers' coffee beans
1 dash of salt
1 tablespoon of vanilla
Filled up the rest of the mug with 1% lowfat milk

I warmed up for a minute and forty seconds in a microwave on high power.




Using half-and-half is probably better than milk to get a more similar Dunkaccino taste, but what I made still turned out pretty well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment