Friday, November 28, 2014

Task #7 Completed: Conduct Interviews and Compare Responses of Different Age Groups (Kim)

7.  Conduct interviews on a topic currently impacting society, and compare the responses of different age groups.

One of our inspirations for Project 52 was Humans of New York.  Photographer Brandon Stanton became famous from photographing portraits on the streets of New York City.  He interviews his subjects and posts a snippet from the interview as the picture's caption.


You can check out Humans of New York here: https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork


Since one of our original ideas was to conduct interviews similar to Humans of New York, we decided it should still be part of Project 52.  So, we made it one of the 52 tasks.

The place to find people of different age groups for me is Thanksgiving.  My grandma hosts Thanksgiving, and you can find friends and family of all ages in her house - from babies to my awesome 94-year-old grandma.  I brought my camera along and conducted interviews.  I edited the footage, splitting the clips by questions, and I came up with this.


As for the comparison of different age groups, older people tended to view the act of taking a selfie as selfish.  The very young children saw selfies only as an act of fun and a way to remember special moments.  I asked several teenagers, and most of us had taken selfies but still were willing to admit that it was a selfish act.  

Thank you to all who participated in the video!  

No comments:

Post a Comment