Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Task #6 Completed: Write a Letter to a Veteran (Rachael)

6. Write a Letter to a Veteran

Even though this is my second patriotic task in a row, and it seems as if I may be creating a trend, I would like to state that this portion of our project was not planned. In fact, it came to be due to a lack of recognition of our veterans on Veteran's day.

 A few years ago the School Board decided that due to excessive snow days we should have school on this particular holiday. On the first year this occurred every single one of my teachers made a point to do something to honor those who serve be it a moment of silence or having us write letters to veterans. However, I am shocked and disappointed to say that all but one of my teachers neglected to even mention this holiday this year. Later that day as Kim and I were talking we realized that we both had relatives that served and were awarded with the "Purple Heart." As we continued talking we came to the revelation that we should not fail to recognize those who fight for our country just because we were not asked to do so in school. Thus number 6 out of 52 was born.

 Happy Veteran's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment