Friday, December 19, 2014

Task #17 Completed: Melted Crayon Art (Kim)

17.  An art project: melted crayon art

Art has never really been my thing, but I have always wanted to try melted crayon art.  I've seen it on websites like Pinterest.   So, I tried it out.  Even though it took a long time, I am absolutely in love with how it came out.

I hot glued crayons to a poster board.  I used RoseArt crayons mixed with a few neon Crayola crayons.  I believe the Crayola produced brighter colors when melted.  Other than that, the only necessary materials are a hairdryer and newspaper to cover your work spaces (include the walls behind the poster.  You may actually melt the top of the crayons without meaning to).

I also obtained a silhouette of a couple standing under an umbrella.  I covered it with tape while melting crayons around it.

The whole process took several hours to get the final product I wanted.  The best part was you couldn't really mess up - you could always simply move around whatever you had already melted by re-melting it with the hairdryer.  The crayon also had a tendency to splatter into the areas of other colors, but it turned out looking cooler that way.

Something like this is the whole reason I love Project 52.  I never would've made the time to do this, but it was great.  Plus, I have something to hang up in my room that I can actually say I made.  This will stand as a reminder of everything Project 52 stands for in my mind: to live without regrets and take advantage of opportunities like a couple taking advantage of a special moment despite the adverse weather conditions.







No comments:

Post a Comment