Friday, December 19, 2014

Task #18 Completed: Create A Stop Motion Video (Kim)

18.  Film a stop motion video.
  1. Stop motion: a cinematographic technique whereby the camera is repeatedly stopped and started, for example to give animated figures the impression of movement.

I attempted to film the stop motion video when I created Open When letters for my friend Molly.  However, I never posted the video because although it was a learning experience, I didn't find the video to be any good or interesting to watch.  Once again, I attempted a stop motion video with the melting crayon art project.  Since I asked for a tripod and received it as an early Christmas present, I had the added benefit of the tripod.  However, I once again was not impressed with the results.

I have decided to combine the videos and post them anyway to show my improvements.  I have learned the importance of keeping a camera perfectly still; even with a tripod I struggled with this skill.  In addition, stop motion is very time consuming.  Each movement takes about twice as long with the added necessity of pressing the camera button.  I think that when done correctly, stop motion can be a fascinating technique.  I hope that next time I attempt a stop motion video, I will have learned from the mistakes you see here and succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment