Monday, February 16, 2015

Task #31: Volunteer at the Bear Flop (Kim)

31.  Volunteer at the Bear Flop.

I completed this task last month at Norwalk High's annual Bear Flop fundraiser.  This fundraiser raises money for a specific type of cancer each year through the Bears' Beating Cancer Club.  This year, the focus was all childhood cancers.  I sold tickets for this event at lunch, placed flyers around the school, and convinced several teachers to participate in the event.  During the Bear Flop, I collected tickets at the door.  I ended up being in a great spot to film the bellyflops.  I had trouble uploading and editing the videos from this event right away because my computer has a storage problem, but I was recently able to figure out a way to do it.  This event is a fun and unique way to fundraise; students love to come watch because it is comedic and competitive.

Here are some of the best bellyflops of the contest:


No comments:

Post a Comment